Are You an Optimist Quiz
Determine your frame of mind
|Are you someone who has a tendency to look at the negative side of life or are you an optimist? How you look at a situation affects more than just your mood at that moment. Pessimists are more likely to suffer from depression and other physical ailments, such as cancer or heart disease. Take this quiz to see if you need to give yourself a shot of positive thinking.
1. When things don't go right, do you blame yourself even if you aren't at fault?
2. If you have a disappointment in one area of your life, do you allow it to affect every other part?
3. When you are entering a stressful situation, do you picture yourself as being a failure or a success in that circumstance?
4. Do you believe that being an optimist means that you are always joyful and never frustrated or hurt?
5. Have you found yourself thinking that if you mess up in one area of your life then you are a complete failure as a person?
6. When things go wrong, do you brood over the situation or do you immediately look for a solution?
If you checked "a" for fewer than two of these questions, congratulations! You are looking at life in a positive light.
If you checked "a" for two or three of your answers, watch out. If you're not careful, you could fall into a habit of being a pessimist.
If your answer was "a" for four or more of these questions, you need to change your way of negative thinking. Don't let problems get to you so much that you lose the happiness in life.